2009/07/14

Welcome!

Good day and welcome to my Blog.


I intend to post my creative work rather than too many words, here. I feel I express myself better in images than with words.


I get inspired by all things bright and beautiful. Little everyday ordinary things, like flowers, my pets, anything. It can be a raindrop on a leaf, stucco on an old building - you name it.

I need to create or I burst *lol* I am physically handicapped in a minor but kind of unpractical way, I cannot sit down or stand long enough to paint, like I used to in the past. So I do my creative work on line - digital graphics, so to speak.

So here's a digital graphic I made for the CED Group on the July 2009-theme "Self" -which complements my introduction.


A few words on my collage:
the b/w picture is the hospital where they nursed my brother and me back to life in 1966 after our car accident. More about this
here.


The picture on the top right has my brother in the background (with the cowboy hat) and myself in 2006.

The little girl in the middle is me holding folded paper little airplanes somewhere in Rotterdam in the late 1950s. I have to say that my elder brother folded them for me :0)

On the left you see my dear -and I mean 'dear!' hubby and below are our fur kids. And some of the things that inspire me.

Well, that's it for my now. Hope you enjoyed my little intro.


Have a good day/night!

Hugs,
Karin*CatMar

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Congrats on starting on your blog!! I love the digital collage. What a great way to play with the CED theme!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you Leah! I found your group via Fabeku and just love it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen