2009/07/20

Dolls

I made this picture of one of my dolls today - and framed it following a tutorial (link)

I feel so blessed to have been able to adopt her second hand on a trunk sale two weeks ago. I think she's so pretty. I wasn't much into dolls as a child, I had one or two vinyl ones that I cared for but mostly left sitting on the bed. OK, they slept with me next to my pillow each night. But that was it. I was more like a tomboy when I was a child. Not until I inherited my late mil's old and ragged dolls to clean up and repair I started caring for them. About 45 years later :0)
So now I have adopted a ragged version of my first vinyl doll that I will show you later. But this one is really gracing my living room and radiating joy :0)

So here she is: Marlene, Rotraut Schrotts design in 1990 for the GADCO (Great American Doll Company) with her little doggy. And you may notice a similarity in her dog and ours. Maybe that's why she waited for us to adopt her that lovely sunlit summery Saturday afternoon next to the leafy canal... A lovely synchronity. And I love those little messages from above to guide me along and I feel blessed when I recognise them as such.
I wish you many little messages too today!


* * *
* *
*

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat komt die pop (of is het een echt kind) mij bekend voor.
    Leuke pop maar nog leukere blogpagina, catmar waardig.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen