2012/12/20

Holiday wishes

 
Just a few words to celebrate this Christmas time.
We're keeping it small this year.
Not too much decorations.
This teacup sized poinsettia is depicting it.
We are commemorating our dear friend Guus
who passed away a month ago.
He was a month older than I am.
Ì've known him for half a century.
He was way too young to die.

There is a sort of Christmas spirit around me,
but it has a film of sorrow and sadness over it.
Being a spiritual person I believe in a life after this one.
So I believe my friend lives on. 
In a way this Christmas feels more like Easter to me.
My thoughts and prayers are with all that miss him.

This is supposed to be a Christmas page,
with Christmas musings about last year.
So I will try to do so in the best way I can.

I'm still feeling fortunate to be alive and living in this world.
Shaping my life each day.
My life is not always easy, but I try to make the best of it.
Time seems to be slipping away - like it's going faster each year.
My thoughts have often been with my parents over the past six months.
My father came to me in a dream.
It was comforting. The worst grief about his death is fading.
I placed his photo so I can see it from where I lie.
He smiles to me as if he is saying:
"You're doing all right".
I feel very fortunate to be with my husband Wynsen.
He has been an incredible support to me this year.
I would not know how to be without him.
He takes me for what I am - and I am so grateful for that.
Of course this works both ways - and we manage!
 
I'm grateful for my spiritual development over the past year and for my tutors
Jane, Joanna and Joylina.
I'm slowly advancing and integrating it into my life.
I'm pleased to say that it complements my own spiritual upbringing.
So there is a lot to be grateful for, this Christmas time.
Grateful for the good memories that I have of and with my loved ones,
old and new,
from the past and the present.
How they enrich and have enriched my life!
I'm looking forward to live with them and
to create new memories again in the coming year.
Be it in my heart or in real life.

To all of you, readers of this blog:
I wish you a Blessed and Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year!
December 20/21 - 2012
 
 
 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Karin!

    Happy to receive your visit on my blog
    Be always welcome
    Have a week full of light
    Hugs Loiva

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Karin!

    Thank you for coming to visit my little corner.
    Be welcome.
    Have a week filled with light
    Hugs Loiva

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen